Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Hound Dog Picture Poem Limericks

Since I enjoy penning poems to pictures I opted to try my hand at limericks. Of course, as a dog lover I chose to write these silly rhymes to photos I took of my dog Valentino.

Note: Click the pics for a larger view.

Love Dogs Valentino and Cassie

It was pretty much love at first sight for Valentino and Cassie, the neighbor's Labrador Retriever. One kiss and this little miss melted, succumbing to my Redtick Coonhound's tail wagging. Now they both jump for joy when they see each other, perhaps whining and pining for a chance to run off into the sunset together.

My Dog Valentino Hunting Seabirds

An afternoon walking the dog on the beach was loads of fun watching my hound dog sniffing bird tracks in the sand and sniffing the air as the birds took flight when he came too close. I imagined Valentino thinking, "If only she'd drop the leash I could catch one of those seabirds and prove to her the good hunter that I am."

Valentino chased those birds up and down the coastline for nearly an hour, with me in tow at the other end of his tether. What fun it was to see him enjoying himself at our sea of enchantment.

Sit and Stay Dog Training Valentino

This is my pride and joy, my Valentino in a "sit and stay" dog training session in the front yard. At any time he could have darted after any number of squirrels on our tree-lined street, but he didn't!




Edward Lear was a master poet and illustrator, often pairing his limericks and illustrations. Children as well as adults enjoy his classical representations and nonsensical poetry form along with the tales they told.

Disclosure: Ruth Cox is an associate of Amazon.com and may earn sales commissions via purchases made through links in this article. Links herein may lead to 3rd party sites for which the author is not responsible.

This article is linked up with Writer's Unite, a blog hop for writers to share their written works, and is hosted by Marsha's Spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment